With 3 wheels and no seat, the Halfbike is definitely not your run-of-the-mill bike. Put your balance to the test as you ride standing. With the guidance of our trainers, you don't have to be a cyclist or athletic to learn the Halfbike! An adrenaline filled full-body cardio workout that's kind to the knees and joints, are you ready for your next adventure?
• Duration: 50 minutes
• Format: Each participant will be paired with another during the session. Minimum 2 to start a class.
• Venue: Around the Stadium MRT Station (Lesson will be conducted regardless of the weather)
• Lesson Topics:
Part 1: Halfbike Introduction
(a) How to balance and move?
(b) How to get started?
(c) How to dismount?
Part 2: Riding the Halfbike
Demo and Practical
Part 3: Summary and Q&A
(a) How to cruise, change gear and turn? - Theory
(b) How to fold the Halfbike?
For all participants, please take note of the following:
• Arrive at Pedal, 3 Stadium Walk, #01-04/05 Singapore 397692 10 minutes before the commencement of class for registration and gearing up.
• Be comfortable. Fitness wear with tights or shorts are recommended to avoid fabric near the pedals. Comfortable trainers are a must, no slippers please.
• Safety first. If you own one, please bring your helmet, as it will probably be a better fit.
Full Body Workout
Besides the constant pedaling, riding on a Halfbike activates our core muscles as well, allowing for an almost full body workout.
Natural Standing Position
Without a saddle, one rides a Halfbike standing upright without leaning forward excessively.
Unique Balancing Training
Running on 3 wheels with a fixed handlebar, the Halfbike puts our balancing skills to the test, requiring each rider to direct by moving our body.