The Frog Hybrid Bike is our perfect 'all rounder' Kids Bike. It is the ideal multi purpose bike for boys and girls that want to cycle in multiple disciplines, from forest trails to riding to school.
The 20-inch kids’ hybrid bike, has been carefully designed to help maximise the lifetime of the bike for a growing child. It is the ideal multi-purpose bike for 5 to 8-year-olds with an average inside leg of 53cm.
The handlebars can be lowered or raised within a range of 40mm and adjusting the seat height is easy to do at home with the quick release system. This means a Frog Bike will grow with your child making it a great investment.
The Frog 53 also offers a lower bottom bracket position to ensure a safer riding position with feet closer to the ground, whilst allowing for a greater leg-length range to be accommodated. An additional 10mm spacer is placed above the handlebar stem to give the option to raise the handlebars higher as your child grows.
Designed and built in Great Britain, our hybrid bikes are perfect for roads, pavements, towpaths and forest trails. They come with mudguards and the option to attach a pannier rack to the frame, for ease of transporting school books and sports kits.
Our bikes inspire children to ride. From their lightweight child-specific frame that is easy to handle and manoeuvre, to the brakes that are specifically designed for small hands to grab, this all results in a confident bike rider who will jump at every opportunity to get out on their bike exploring.
- Average Inside Leg: 53cm
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Bike Weight: 8.15kg (including pedals)
- Frame: 6061 T6 heat treated Aluminium alloy, seat tube 11" (280mm)
- Fork: 6061 T6 heat treated aluminium alloy
- Rim: Aluminium, 20", double wall, machined braking surface
- Headset: Neco, 1"1/8 semi-integrated threadless, Frog Bikes top cap
- Stem: Aluminium, 1"1/8, 38mm, 4 bolt clamp
- Brakes: Tektro 836AL, Aluminum, linear pull
- Tyres: Kenda K1047, 20"x1.5"
- Crank Set / Chainring: Frog Bikes Patented, 114mm, Aluminium straight arm cranks, 32T chainring, black
- Pedals: Frog Bikes, eco-friendly rice husk & plastic composite, with reflectors, 9/16"
- Saddle: Frog Bikes child-specific saddle, steel rails
• Lightweight with a sturdy frame allows the child to easily manoeuvre the bike;
• Built with Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers, providing better control and nurturing greater confidence in the young riders;
• FrogFitTechnology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters with short lever travel and ultraslick cabling make changing gear and undulating rides a breeze;
• Patented Frog cranks maintain a low Q-Factor (the distance between the pedals) for easier pedalling. A reduced distance between the pedals allows for maximum leverage on the pedals increasing efficiency;
• Quick-release seat post for easy height adjustment as they grow;
• Free 5 year warranty on frame and forks;
• Reflectors, mudguard and bell included.
Frog Bikes is a British company dedicated to making cycling fun for children. They have re-designed Kids’ bikes to create a light but strong aluminium frame, and have hand-picked components that offer high performance without compromising on weight.
Frog bikes are also much easier to pedal due to a unique crank design from the renowned bicycle engineer Dimitris Katsanis (of Team GB Olympic fame). The design reduces the Q-factor (the space between the pedals), allowing children to push more directly down when cycling, so converting more of their energy into motion. This is another demonstration of the high level of rigour Frog applies to the design of kids’ bikes.
Besides leading the market in innovation and design for kids, Frog Bikes are also committed to protecting the planet, designing and developing products that are more sustainable as well as participating in projects that can help minimise the environmental impact on operations.
Do you deliver internationally?
No, unfortunately we are currently only delivering within Singapore.
Does it cost extra for shipping?
Free delivery for a minimum of $100.
How long will it take to receive my order?
It will take 5-7 business days for delivery.
Bike Size chart
Choosing a right sized bike for kids will be a big first step in helping them to learn and ride more comfortably. Frog bikes are sized by the inside leg length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size bike for each child.
This bike size chart gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. If you are still unsure, please visit our store and we can help with the measurements and choosing the right sized bike for your child.
Frog Kick-Stand (Large)
Frog Bikes' adjustable length kick-stand
- Easy to fit with 14 mm spanner
- Suitable for 20" (Frog 52/55) to 26" wheeled bikes. Not suitable for MTB's
- Easy to fold away when not needed
- Height adjustable using a 2.5mm allen key (not supplied)
*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ONLY THE SMALL KICKSTAND WILL FIT THE NEW FROG 53. THE SKU CODE FOR THE SMALL KICKSTAND IS: L-AC-TST-KICS-1.*
For a quick video guide to fitting the stand click here.