The First Pedal 47 has been carefully designed to help maximise the lifetime of the bike for a growing child. It is the ideal first pedal bike for 4 to 6 year olds with an average inside leg of 47cm.
The Frog 47 offers a super lightweight frame, for ease of handling, weighing just 6.75kg. It is one of the lightest 18” kids’ bikes on the market. The bike also offers a low bottom bracket position to ensure a safer riding position, whilst allowing for a greater leg-length range to be accommodated, perfect for growing children. There is also a 10mm spacer above the handlebar stem to give the option to raise the handlebars higher as your child grows.
The Frog 47 is built using the same high-quality components as all other Frog bikes, including the patented narrow q-factor crank, to make riding for children more efficient and comfortable. Frog's lightweight bikes are a great confidence booster because of their ergonomic design. If your child hasn’t mastered the art of pedalling just yet, the bike can also be used as a balance bike for a taller child by simply removing the pedals.
- Average Inside Leg: 47cm
- Wheel Size: 18"
- Bike Weight: 6.75kg (including pedals)
- Frame: 6061 T6 heat treated Aluminium alloy, seat tube 9" (230mm)
- Fork: 6061 T6 heat treated aluminium alloy
- Rim: Aluminium, 18", double wall, machined braking surface
- Headset: Neco, 1"1/8 , threadless, safety steering stop, Frog Bikes top cap
- Stem: Aluminium, 1"1/8, 38mm, 4 bolt clamp
- Brakes: Tektro 836AL, Aluminium, linear pull
- Tyres: Kenda K1047, 16"x1.5"
- Crank Set / Chainring: Frog Bikes Patented, 89mm, Aluminium straight arm cranks, 32T chainring, Black
- Pedals: Resin platform, 9/16" thread, w/reflectors
- Saddle: Frog Bikes child-specific saddle, steel rails
• Lightweight with a sturdy frame allows the child to easily manoeuvre the bike and easy for the parent or guardian to carry;
• Built with Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers, providing better control and nurturing greater confidence in the young riders;
• Patented Frog cranks for easier pedalling reduces the distance between the pedals,delivering enhanced comfort;
• Free 5 year warranty on frame and forks;
• Reflectors, mudguard and bell included.
Frog Bikes is a British company dedicated to making cycling fun for children. They have re-designed Kids’ bikes to create a light but strong aluminium frame, and have hand-picked components that offer high performance without compromising on weight.
Frog bikes are also much easier to pedal due to a unique crank design from the renowned bicycle engineer Dimitris Katsanis (of Team GB Olympic fame). The design reduces the Q-factor (the space between the pedals), allowing children to push more directly down when cycling, so converting more of their energy into motion. This is another demonstration of the high level of rigour Frog applies to the design of kids’ bikes.
Besides leading the market in innovation and design for kids, Frog Bikes are also committed to protecting the planet, designing and developing products that are more sustainable as well as participating in projects that can help minimise the environmental impact on operations.
Do you deliver internationally?
No, unfortunately we are currently only delivering within Singapore.
Does it cost extra for shipping?
Free delivery for a minimum of $100.
How long will it take to receive my order?
It will take 5-7 business days for delivery.
Bike Size chart
Choosing a right sized bike for kids will be a big first step in helping them to learn and ride more comfortably. Frog bikes are sized by the inside leg length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size bike for each child.
This bike size chart gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. If you are still unsure, please visit our store and we can help with the measurements and choosing the right sized bike for your child.